If a situation is hopeless, there isn’t much point in trying to change it. There are people who believe in going down fighting as a symbolic gesture. I am not one of them.
This country has lost too much in economic prosperity, in self sufficiency, in freedoms and in the stamina and drive of many people. Government entitlement programs have robbed people of ambition, and pride in work, and independence. An ennui seems to have descended and for the first time our kids aren’t looking forward to a better life than ours.
If people in this country want socialism, or don’t but won’t fight the direction of change this country will become a government run, fascist nation. Don't believe me? . Just compare this country now to the country 10, or 20 years ago and you’ll see this is already happening. Some say it has already happened.
Is it too late?
I don’t know the answer because I don’t own a crystal ball. The prospects right now don’t look good. It depends on what people do. What would we the people have to do to turn this country into the democracy it should be?
Looking around and over the past year this is what I see
- Plenty of people in this country are dissatisfied
- They don't know what to do about it
- Leadership will matter
- One-off attempts like million motorcycles, overpasses, truckers were exciting but won’t do the job.
- We will need a plan or a philosophy, goal that shared and widespread and inclusive
- It would include changing the composition of congress, empowering states, election fraud, civil disobedience, and creative PR
The odds of success are just the odds of success if everybody keeps doing what they’re doing. Yes, most are content to remain victims. That is not a good reason to follow in their footsteps or wait and see if...... As my favorite songwriter says
“ If you're looking for a miracle now
you better be one , all alone, on your own”